Exfoliative cheilitis update; I have found a cure!

Hi!

 Much has happened since my last post in this area.  I have had an allergy test ( 4 days with 2 large stickers on your back, no needles thank god) but was not allergic to anything (strange, I can think up some things though. Dishwashing liquid. Boring speakers. Delayed trains. A bank which cannot take cash. Anything which will put up my spikes.)



I have been trying this product for a week now: APV Tentorium.

(sorry no pic anymore, it is no longer sold online)


.....and it is working! It started working directly the second day, and although it goes slowly, by now I am not peeling anymore! My lips are still slightly hard on the outside edges but it seems to be getting less every day. I have stopped using the Daktacort and my lips look completely normal. I apply two drops of the liquid twice a day, let it dry and then put a moisturizer over it (Debucal, calendula salve or aloe lip balm). A few weeks ago I had to use lipstick and foundation to cover up the mess. And now it is like it was all a bad dream. 


Natural multipurpose product that will protect you from microbial aggression. Suits for all family members. BENEFITS: Propolis has been known since the ancient times. It was used in Ancient Egypt. Translated from Greek, propolis means “before city”, it is also known in folklife culture as bee glue, for it is a valuable construction material and reliable protection of a hive! People value propolis for its exceptional antimicrobial properties. If you hold it in your mouth for a while, you will feel slight numbing of tongue and gums. This resinous substance relieves the pain 52 times more effectively than Novocain does. Purified water in “A-P-V” content makes the balm light and nice to taste. Water base of “A-P-V” makes its use accessible to children and drivers of transportation means. “A-P-V” is pretty much irreplaceable on a trip. You can use it as a medical chest. The balm helps cope with consequences of cuts and other minor injuries, tooth and gum inflammations. If you keep adding the balm to beverages continuously, you will significantly fortify your immune system! All this makes “A-P-V” an ultimate family product! INGREDIENTS: - Native propolis - purified water USE: Internal: for the immune system fortification purposes – 1 for immune system reinforcement 1 dessertspoon 3 times per day, 15-20 minutes before meal during 1-1.5 months; External: for antiseptic purposes – apply to an intended skin area using clean cloth
14.5 USD InStock

I can finally use lipstick again!
Btw my absolutely all-time favorite lipstick is Lipfinity by Max Factor. It is no good when you have EC because it forms a layer on your lips which is totally kiss-proof, smudge-proof and eat & drink-proof; you can, believe it or not, truly put it on at night and it will still be there in the morning (a bit scary really, can't ever be healthy), it does not stain coffee mugs or wine glasses and it does come with a lip balm to make it more shiny and smooth-lokking (the lip balm is not smudge-proof though! :)). It comes in a variety of colours. I absolutely love this lipstick. I even buy a couple for my mom and her friends each year when I go back to the Caribbean.
If you don't want it to stick to your lips so long you can use it over a balm or gloss. Then it will not act as a paint.


UPDATE January 17th 2018: the reason there is no pic anymore is that the product is no longer sold there. However I have contacted the seller and I can order the product directly from them. If you are interested in buying it just contact me at freeteecee66@gmail.com. It is not really a cure, for I still have to use it every day and my lips peel now and then, but at least the problem is not plainly visible anymore. No irritated red skin, no cracking or bleeding, no strangely crooked smiles.

I have tried to buy this product:

 tripleclicks.com
 
Bee Farm Propolis Extract in Honey Y.S. Organic— €12.14 (Save 5%!)

But the seller does not ship to Sweden. Have to find another alternative soon because my bottle is nearly finished. 


Source of bioflavanoids Natural propolis in a raw honey paste Supports our natural defense system Bee Propolis is a resinous substance bees gather from select trees. It's used to line the hive to keep it sterile and help keep the bee colony healthy. Bee Propolis is one of nature's richest sources of bioflavonoids and it supports our natural defense system. This liquid extract combined with a raw honey base creates a honey paste for increased bioavailability. 110,000 Mg., 11.4 oz. paste Supplement Facts Serving Size 1/2 tsp (5 g) Servings Per Container 65 Amount Per Serving % Daily Value Calories 15 Carbohydrates 4 g 2%† Sugar 4 g * Bee Propoliis (2x) (equivalent to 400 mg raw Propolis) 200 mg * †% Daily Value based on a 2,000 calorie diet. *Daily Value not established. Other ingredients: Raw honey. Suggested Use: 1/2 teaspoon twice a day between meals. CAUTION: Bee products may cause an allergic reaction in some sensitive people.
14.99 USD InStock


Comments

  1. Hey! Last comment I asked about how it was going with your EC.
    I have been trying to find the blog back but I just couldn't find it anymore.
    Luckily I found my way back!
    I'm very curious on this product since it has been working for you since you've made this post. Please inform me about how it has been working for you ever since!
    ( Also I've went to my dermatologist and they have cut out a little piece of my lip to research what exactly is happening in a lip that has EC. I'll get the information on the 5th of July)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have been so happy. After 1,5 years I am finally able to kiss my husband again! I have normal lips. I try to put on the Propolis once a day but I forget regularly. I use it with a fat salve because the drops are watery (and taste a bit of honey). I do not lnow if you have the same type of EC that I do but the drops are not expensive and were delivered promptly. I am very happy!

      Delete
  2. Also have you tried not applying the drops to see if what would happen if you stopped using them?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, I now regularly forget to put it on.... no relapse.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi there,

    I just found your blog when I did a search on burning tongue. I have a burning tongue off and on for the last year. I can't figure out what is causing it. I saw that you had some tongue symptoms along with your EC. Has that gone away?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry that I took so long in replying----yes when I have EC I also have a burning mouth, not just the tongue. It can be mild to severe making it impossible to enjoy any food or drink. I have a medicine called Andolex which kind of anesthesizes it. Currently I am keeping the EC under control with the Propolis product. It flares up now and then. The product is not sold anymore at the website. I am trying to find the seller and offer to sell it myself if they don't want to continue. I have found a similar maybe same product via Amazon but it is three times as expensive, around $35 for a 10 ml bottle. Not including shipping. I will post a blog if I find any solution.

      Delete
  5. My lips are swollen, red, and peeling always. Are these the exact symptoms you had? Cause i would like to try this product if it worked for you so well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, I currently keep it under control with the Propolis product, unfortunately it is not sold at that website anymore and when I searched for it I found a much more expensive version. Will keep on looking.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

An unknown cause of misery: exfoliative cheilitis (chronic peeling & cracking of the lips)

Splitting nails